Five new challenges are to test teams from across the rail industry at the Women in Rail Big Rail Diversity Challenge, which takes place on 21 June at Newark Showground.
The event – now in its eighth year – aims to highlight the benefits of working in gender-balanced and diverse teams. A record number of teams are entering this year’s competition.
The new events are:
· Agents in Disguise, which pits teams against the clock to find hidden props to assume the guise of named characters such as a gardener and take a photograph;
· Art Attack tests communication skills with budding artists drawing a picture described by their fellow teammates;
· Dead Letter Box involves teams solving a sequential puzzle to retrieve a locked cash box;
· Goggle Boules challenges teams to get their boules closest to the jack while wearing special distorting goggles which make objects appear closer or further away or left instead of right; and
· Game Show Bonanza combines the television shows Blankety Blank and Catchphrase in a special quiz contest.
Women in Rail Vice Chair Shona Clive said: ‘The Big Rail Diversity Challenge remains as popular as ever with organisations keen to demonstrate their commitment to inclusion and diversity in the workplace and the benefits this brings.
‘Participants can expect an action-packed, fun-filled day underpinned by the key message that diverse gender-balanced teams work better together.’
For more information, visit www.bigraildiversity.co.uk.