Hear from senior leaders representing rail organisations across the North of England at our annual conference in Manchester, which this year takes place on 12 September.
The rail day forms the first half of the two-day Public Transport in the North of England event, with bus matters to be discussed on 13 September, including a keynote address by Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham.
At the rail day on 12 September, you will hear from key figures representing Government bodies, train operators and the freight community:
- Rail at the heart of the Northern economy: Martin Tugwell, Chief Executive, Transport for the North;
- Rail infrastructure in the North West: Phil James, Route Director North West, Network Rail;
- Transpennine Route Upgrade: Hannah Lomas, Industry Programme Director, Network Rail;
- Improving operations at Northern: Nick Donovan, Managing Director, Northern Trains Ltd;
- The restructuring of the railways: Jonathan Fox, Strategic Advisor, Great British Railways Transition Team;
- Experience with new trains: Steve Dodd, Chief Operating Officer, Merseyrail;
- Where we are with our rail policies and development: Simon Elliott, Head of Rail, Transport for Greater Manchester;
- Freight across the Pennines – past, present and future of Drax on the rail network: Mark Gibbens, Head of Logistics, Drax;
- Operational leaders: challenges, trade-offs and opportunities – Anna-Jane Hunter, Partner, Winder Phillips Associates.