Network Rail Zone
Milton Keynes is the home of Network Rail, and visitors to the show will have the opportunity to engage with members of a number of key Network Rail teams in a dedicated zone.
Representatives of the following departments will be in attendance:
- Commercial and Procurement;
- SPEED team;
- Research and Development.
Visitors to Modern Railways EXPO will have the opportunity to meet these teams and to explore some of the technology Network Rail is deploying to modernise infrastructure management as it looks to the future of Britain’s railways.
Quiz senior figures at our panel sessions
Members of each Network Rail team will also be delivering seminar and panel sessions, which will take place in the conference area during the lunchtime period on each day of the show.
Tuesday 22 November: 12.30 to 13.00 - Commercial & Procurement
Group Commercial & Procurement Director Clive Berrington and senior colleagues will participate in a panel question and answer session at which you can quiz them about Network Rail’s procurement activity and plans.
Tuesday 22 November: 13.00 to 13.45 - SPEED
Hear about the work of the SPEED team from senior speakers, followed by a question and answer session:
- Christian Irwin – Director, Rail Investment Centre of Excellence;
- Mike Wright – Programme Management Director, Rail Investment Centre of Excellence;
- Tim Walden – Capital Delivery Director, Southern Region.
Wednesday 23 November: 12.15 to 13.00 - Research & Development
The R&D team will highlight some of their latest work, including:
- an overview of the Research, Development and Innovation portfolio from Senior Programme Manager Ali Smith;
- a showcase of two Track, Maintenance and Plant projects – unattended measurement and the FELIX switch and crossing laser profiling trolley, from Programme Manager of Track, Maintenance Plant Tom Edge;
- a showcase of two civils projects – automated tunnel examinations and hidden critical elements, from Project Manager Sophie Davies from the Civils and Sustainability programme.
Note: due to unforeseen circumstances the Intelligent Infrastructure team will no longer be attending Modern Railways EXPO.