Hilton London Canary Wharf
Isle of Dogs
Railway Innovation Awards
In partnership with
THE RAILWAY INNOVATION AWARDS
Founded in 1998, the Railway Innovation Awards are the longest-standing awards scheme in the industry. Now organised by the 4th Friday Club, the Awards are the annual event at which everybody keen on seeing innovation in the railway sector meets up to discuss and celebrate the brightest ideas in the industry.
HOST: Wayne Murphy
Technical Policy Manager, RSSB
Wayne has over 35 years’ experience in the rail industry, starting his career as an apprentice train maintenance fitter. From there he has gone on to spend his career in safety management, working across the industry for train operators, large infrastructure maintenance contractors and RSSB, but he is best known for bringing mundane topics to life through the delivery of highly colourful and engaging presentations and training courses for RSSB and the Institution of Railway Operators.
In his spare time, he hosts charity quiz events and MCs at Kickboxing tournaments.
Noon: Arrival and networking
12.45: Lunch begins
14.20: After-lunch speech
14.40: The Railway Innovation Awards 2022
The 4th Friday Club’s annual event celebrating the best in railway innovation takes place each year. The 2022 awards will be the 24th for the longest standing award scheme in the industry.
This is an event to celebrate the achievements of those companies and individuals who are pushing the industry forward by developing innovative ideas.
Entries in the Railway Innovation Awards are assigned to one of these categories:
• Environment and sustainability
• Passenger experience
• Cross-industry partnership
• Operations and performance
• Engineering and Safety
• People, skills and diversity
• Small-scale project
• Major project
Winners of the Railway Industry Innovation Awards are presented with a fine cut glass engraved vase from Dartington Glass.
HOW DO I ENTER?
For sponsorship opportunities contact Dave Lane via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07795 031051
The Railway Innovation Award entries are judged by a panel of industry experts.
- David Clarke – Technical Director, Railway Industry Association (chair)
- Kelvin Davies – Innovation Lead, Rail, Innovate UK
- Ben Ford – Technology and Innovation Manager, Network Rail
- Adeline Ginn – Legal and Marketing Director, CPMS, Egis and Founder, Women in Rail
- Jo Lewington – Chief Environmental & Sustainability Officer, Network Rail
- Chandra Morbey – Innovation and Projects Director, Porterbrook
- Michelle Roles – Stakeholder Manager Wales, Transport Focus
- Philip Sherratt – Editor, Modern Railways
- Helen Waters – Associate Director, Steer